Join our talented team! Coppens Academy encourages a loving and inviting atmosphere for our children, families, and staff. Through our play-based curriculum, our affectionate and loving staff ensures that our children are imparted with the knowledge to succeed. As an educator in the classroom, we look for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families. We have two academies in Kingston, Ontario; 672 Golden Mile Road and 817 Division Street. We proudly offer an array of benefits, including:
• Childcare discounts
• Vacation, holiday, and sick time
• Paid training
• Paid personal days
Coppens Academy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. While we may not always have open positions, we are always interested in hearing from talented educators. We appreciate all incoming resumes, however we will only contact you directly if your qualifications match any current openings.
Location: 672 Golden Mile Road & 817 Division Street
Coppens Academy is seeking Early Childhood Educators for supply positions! We’re looking for energetic, enthusiastic and creative people for our supply educator list. Staff are always looking for time off, sick time, etc.… so shifts are sure to come your way! We also look at our supply team first for hiring for permanent, full time positions!
Applicants should have childcare experience (being a Registered Early Childhood Educator is preferred!), have a clear Criminal Record Check, be up-to-date with their immunizations and have valid First Aid and CPR certification.
If you want to become a valuable member of our team at Coppens Academy – send us your resume to email@example.com!
We thank you in advance for the applications and will be in contact with interested applicants.
Location: 672 Golden Mile Road
Job Position: Registered Early Childhood Educator, full-time
Details: Maternity contract starting January 2020 with possible extension
Coppens Academy prides itself on excellence, putting the education and development of our children first and foremost. When you consider a career at Coppens Academy, know you will be joining a team that is passionate about thoroughly preparing their students for all the challenges that lie ahead. As a member of Coppens Academy’s Early Childhood Education staff, we look for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Early Childhood Education diploma or child-related field with at least two years’ experience
• Registration and good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• First Aid Certification or ability to obtain First Aid Certification
• Successful Police Record Check (CPIC)
• Up-to-date immunization records or ability to obtain up-to-date immunizations records
• At least one year of experience working with children
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong observation skills and ability to adapt curriculum/activity to the environment
• Strong ability to work efficiently as part of a team
• Ability to be flexible according to program schedule
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Takes initiative to improve classroom and daycare experience
• Confidence to ask questions when unsure
Responsibilities and duties:
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to clients’ personal information
• Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment for the development of children
• Implement academic lesson plans, creative activities, and gross motor skill activities
• Assists in recording and maintaining records according to the Health Department
• Other duties may include cleaning and assisting others as assigned