Join our talented team! Coppens Academy encourages a loving and inviting atmosphere for our children, families, and staff. Through our play-based curriculum, our affectionate and loving staff ensures that our children are imparted with the knowledge to succeed. As an educator in the classroom, we look for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families. We have two academies in Kingston, Ontario; 672 Golden Mile Road and 817 Division Street. We proudly offer an array of benefits, including:
• Childcare discounts
• Vacation, holiday, and sick time
• Paid training
• Paid personal days
Coppens Academy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. While we may not always have open positions, we are always interested in hearing from talented educators. We appreciate all incoming resumes, however we will only contact you directly if your qualifications match any current openings.
Location: 672 Golden Mile Road & 817 Division Street
Coppens Academy is seeking Early Childhood Educators for supply positions! We’re looking for energetic, enthusiastic and creative people for our supply educator list. Staff are always looking for time off, sick time, etc.… so shifts are sure to come your way! We also look at our supply team first when hiring for permanent, full time positions!
Applicants should have childcare experience (being a Registered Early Childhood Educator is preferred!), have a clear Criminal Record Check, be up-to-date with their immunizations and have valid First Aid and CPR certification.
If you want to become a valuable member of our team at Coppens Academy – send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We thank you in advance for the applications and will be in contact with interested applicants.+
Location: 672 Golden Mile Road
Job Position: Early Childhood Educator, part-time
Details: 1:00pm-5:30pm, Monday-Friday
Coppens Academy prides itself on excellence, putting the education and development of our children first and foremost. When you consider a career at Coppens Academy, know you will be joining a team that is passionate about thoroughly preparing their students for all the challenges that lie ahead. As a member of Coppens Academy’s Early Childhood Education staff, we look for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families.
Reporting to the Centre Supervisor and Director of Operations, some of your roles will include, but are not limited to:
• Making a difference in a child’s life every day!
• Daily routines and curriculum expectations of the classroom
• Ensure the classroom is operating in accordance with Coppens Academy and provincial licensing standards
• Be responsible for ensuring an educational, caring, and safe environment for the children and parents
• Spark imagination, build self-esteem, and help children discover new things each day
• Work alongside the Lead Educator and Centre Supervisor
• Teach in a play-based environment while following How Does Learning Happen and the ELECT
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
• At least 2 years’ experience in a childcare centre or child-based field
• Up-to-date CPIC, First Aid, CPR, and immunizations
• The ability to demonstrate an understanding of current provincial policies and regulations
• Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Experience working with educational lesson plans
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to pond with children and parents
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player